St. Peter's has a number of volunteer service opportunities available on a rolling basis. Please contact us if you are interested in any of the following:
- Gardeners to assist with the raised beds for vegetable gardens
- Gardeners to beautify the flower beds
- Musicians for Sunday service
- Holy Friday stations of the cross volunteers to write a prayer for station, carry the cross or just participant
(7-14 stations about social justice issues happening in today's world. Learn more here.)
- Group Service experiences to explore the meaning of service with a spirituality leader at the center.
Youth groups, businesses, college internships are welcome. What we need help with is painting, gardening, door to door canvassing, cleaning, volunteering at the soup kitchen and more. Call Janet Ray at 313.320.4850 to schedule a time to be inspired and contribute.
- Vehicle donations to pickup those wanting to attend service and event that have limited mobility and to support the Corner Shower Laundry supportive employment ministry
- Estate planning to help leave a legacy:
- Construction projects currently include repairing the chapel and building a handicap access ramp
Carpenters - Build a ramp and install railing to St Peter's can be 100% accessible